College Admissions and Financial Aid Class
Each of these questions will be answered...
- My tax advisor tells us to transfer some assets into our child’s name. How will this affect his/her aid package?
- Is there more than one “good-match” school for my child?
- How important is sticker price of a college?
- What if we’re not eligible for need-based financial aid?
- Is an “A” always better than a “B”?
- How much effort should I put into locating scholarships?
- Can my student’s paycheck make him/her LOSE out on financial aid?
- How much money can I contribute to my 401(k) so that I don’t affect the college bill?
- Only students with high GPAs can earn scholarship money…right?
- How should parent and student assets be positioned to maximize financial aid?
- How can I identify schools that will offer the best financial aid packages to those in our situation?
- There’s so much information out there…how do I know what is true and what applies to us?
- SAT/ACT scores – do they really matter?
- Will we have to use our retirement to pay for college?
- Of course it’s more expensive to send my child to a prestigious private college – right?
- My accountant/neighbor/attorney/financial planner told us that we make too much money to bother applying for financial aid – is he/she right?
- We own our own home – does that disqualify us for financial aid?